Sunday 10 February 2013

Pre-emptive Pancake Preparation

The past three days have been so relaxing it's a bit strange; i mean it's not normal for me to actually be able to calm down and just do nothing for more than a day. Anyway on Friday i got James round to sit and play on Dungeon Defenders for a few hours and it was actually some of the best fun I've had in a while; the game itself is some hybrid of a tower defense game and FPS, which is insanely amusing. Once we had played so much our eyes were square, James went home and Jess came round for the night. Now i don't like scary films and i am indeed a pussy for not being able to watch them without my hand over my face, but we watched Paranormal Activity 2 and it wasn't even slightly bad for me; although Jess was confused about the whole premise of the film, and i don't blame her.

Pancakes all around!
Then the lovely day that is Saturday came around, and for the first time in a while i managed to get it off so i spent the morning sleeping til 11am, which is a godsend, then i went and helped my dad fit a washing machine. Now that sounds a bit out of the blue, but he does odd jobs repairing things in his free time and this particular job was one for a man of the ripe old age of ninety.

That right... Ninety years young.

Let me put that in context for you, he is seventy years older than me; he lived through the second world war and he's seen the world change an incredible amount in that time. Computers and modern technology that we take for granted were a distant dream when he was a teenager; this means that as he was born in 1922 he lived through the era of Jazz. He referred to it as "music from America" and he had thousands of records in his small flat; that's right THOUSANDS.

This man was extraordinary and i was so happy to be able to talk to him and gain an insight into how the world was first hand; this just made my Saturday. In addition i also sat and watched Spirited Away for the first time and made pancakes with Kyle, Emma H and Emma W in preparation for Tuesday and all the pancake-y shenanigans; I love living in this house with my friends.

In a bit Blogger.


No comments:

Post a Comment